Friday 11 June 2010

I have a tough schedule planned for this weekend - a 10k double header!


Tomorrow I team up with the Southport Waterloo squad for the Bendrigg 10k. A roller coaster of a road race along quiet country lanes around Bendrigg Lodge just outside Kendal. There is a sting in the tail of this race with a steep climb for the last km to the finish line.

Sunday is nearer home and I will pull on my Victoria Park vest for the last in the Polaroid 10k series, the Vale of Leven. Starting at Loch Lomond Shores, the hills in this race come early on with some climbing through Balloch Country park.

I am not expecting fast times for either of these but the plan will be to try hard on Saturday and take it a little easier on Sunday. I have hardly run this week and so hopefully I will be well rested for the next few challenging days.

No comments:

Post a Comment