Sunday 10 October 2010

Mugdock Turbo X



I was down at Mugdock early this morning and ran for around an hour before the Turbo X race started. I wish I had been competing again this year, it is a challenging course but great fun. However, it is far too close to the Kielder Marathon next Sunday so I had to sit this one out.

I ran around parts of the course and although I missed out some of the more challenging parts, it was clear that the recent wet weather was going to make it tough going for the competitors today.

As I was running round the course I spotted a few good spots to take some photos and watch some of the action. Some of the best parts of the course are quite inaccessible, so I settled for taking some within a mile of the start and then jogged through the woods to take some more at about 8 1/2 miles and just near the end of the fearsome 'Turbo X' zone.

Not surprisingly, the fell runners dominated the race. Shettleston's Tom Owens romped home with a lead of over 6 minutes from second placed Brian Mcewan who was first vet home in an impressive time of 1.15.29. Anna Frost was 12th overall and first woman home in 1.22.29. VP City of Glasgow's Jacqui Thompson was third woman and first vet in 1.29.59, and as far as I could see, Victoria park's only entrant today.

Results


No comments:

Post a Comment