Monday 30 August 2010

Pipe Track Run

I resisted the temptation to run one of the two 10k races in the area this weekend and opted for a long steady 16 miler on the trails. My main focus is the Great Scottish Run next weekend when I will be aiming to run the half marathon in under 80 minutes. This weekend I felt like a long steady run in the hills and set off at 8am on Saturday morning. I headed through Mugdock Woods and across to Strathblane, running along the Pipe Track before coming down at the Distillery. I then headed back home along the West Highland way to complete 16 miles in just over 2 hours. After the Great Scottish Run I will consider my options for the remainder of the year with an autumn marathon a possibility.

Victoria Park City of Glasgow runner, Ralph Connelly ran well at the Paisley 10k to dip under 40 minutes. I haven't found results yet for the Drymen 10k.

No comments:

Post a Comment